 Storage / 1122
Re: Attic Heat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 00:14:01 GMT

In lugnet.storage, Thomas Stangl writes:
Almost all of my Lego from my childhood was stored in an attic for 10 years in
Northern Virginia, which can get pretty hot in the summer.  The attic had a
fan, but if you went searching for something up there in July, you found it
FAST, or you came down for a break to keep from sweating to death.

It all survived fine.

Maggie Cambron wrote:

In lugnet.storage, Bert Waters writes:

If anyone has either stored their Lego in the attic for years without
noticing damage or has melted bricks from the attic, I would like to hear
about it. It is so tempting to store some of the collection in the attic...

I've never lived in a house with an attic, but I can tell you I used
to keep a gallon ziplock bag of used and abuse pieces behind the seat
of my NLS's pickup truck to play with, and they were none the worse
for wear, even after baking in 100F+ summer heat. The only reason
I stopped is because a gallon of miscellaneous parts wasn't enough
to really create anything I wanted and it was too frustrating not to
have the right parts on hand.

Maggie C.

--
Tom Stangl

Here's an update:

It was 101 degrees here today and when I found my first melted crayon of the
year in the car, it reminded me to check on some stray LEGO pieces in the glove
compartment.  They were fine.

Maggie