 Storage / 1119
Re: Which tackle boxes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Thu, 23 May 2002 05:27:16 GMT

In lugnet.storage, Manfred Moolhuysen writes:
Hello all,

Living at the other side of the puddle, it's a bit hard for me to locate
recources for tackle box type of storage compartments. I know from this
newsgroup that in this field there has been some product replacement going
on last Year, so I would like to ask if you could name the LEGO friendly
types and models, with the propper seating deviders and the higher number of
possible positions, that are currently available ?

Is there an online reference with good pictures and/or stats ?

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.

Manfred,
In the U.S. Akro-Mils brand Akro/Logic Organizers are one of the best for
LEGO parts. They come 12 and 17 compartment models with removable bins that
are interchangeable. It is made with a heavy-duty polypropylene base and
shatter-proof polycarbonate “see-through” lid protects contents. Latches
slide and lock to prevent accidental opening. Removable bins stack to save
space. The lids are designed to hold remaining bins in place when others are
removed.
Model #14217-Multi Case 17 (17 bins/case) 414mm L x 327mm W x 54mm H
Model #14212-Multi Case 12 (12 bins/case) 414mm L x 327mm W x 80mm H
I don't recall what they retail for here though...
Their website lists European distributors with simialr product at:
http://www.akro-mils.com/industrial/international.asp#Europe
Hope this helps!  :)
--
Bill Toenjes