 Storage / 1019
Re: Strange Lego brand storage box?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 12:49:19 GMT

Kevin Salm wrote:

In lugnet.storage, Frank Filz writes:

Those are great storage boxes. I wish I had more. I found a bunch a
couple years ago when I was first starting to collect. K-Mart had a nice
little Freestyle set (set 2146) on clearance which came with a red box
with yellow plates (as pictured). I've also managed to acquire a blue
one, and a couple blue ones 2/3 the size (6 compartments, two 16x32
baseplate covers). From some of the pictures of GMLTC activities, I
gather Conan has a ton of these with a specially built cabinet. In this
mode, they would be awesome being fairly efficient storage (very
rectangular) with good capacity bins. They also stack pretty well
without the covers (which is how I use them).

You like them too ?!?  I know others have said they like them -- Ed Boxer and
Lar for example, but personally I do not care for them one iota.

The ones I have are used to store my 'Junk' Lego pieces that I do not need but
am not yet ready to trade or sell.

Since the dividers do not stay in place 100 percent of the time, I think the
containers are pretty crappy.  Maybe if I used hot glue to permanently attach
the dividers, I would be happier with them.

The dividers do cause some problems, though they have not caused me
enough difficulty to really affect the boxes usefulness, it just pays to
pay attention to the types of parts they're good for and those they
aren't good for. They probably won't work too well for small (1x1 or so)
parts, but work just fine for larger parts, especially non-dense parts
which reduce the weight pressing against the dividers.

Of course without dividers, the provide 3 nice large compartments which
won't have any problems with shifting dividers.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com