 Star Wars / 932
Re: blasters in sw sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 22:04:25 GMT

I read in an article on the new Star Wars line that the initial classic set
release had the fastest turn around time at lego ever - 1 year. I would
guess that the number of new pieces in the sets would be limitted by that
short turn around. They went with pieces that could be used multiple times
or were more important to the sets than blasters. If that's true, then it
would be likely that there will eventually be blasters as well other new
pieces in the sets, Lego just needs time to sculpt them and design them to
look right.

Rob

----------
In article <F92GK1.2IE@lugnet.com>, "Eric Kingsley" <ekings@us.ibm.com>
wrote:

In lugnet.starwars, Tim McSweeney writes:
The old Classic Space sets had a piece that looked a hell of a lot like a
blaster,  The Official instructions showed it being used like some sort of
camera but if you turned it around it made a greate Blaster/Rifle

One of these comes with the Snow Speeder set for the Hoth Rebel Soldier that • is
included in that set.  Although I would not call it the best blaster in the
world.

Seeing that they have Guns in the Adventurers sets I hope somewhere along the
way they will come out with decent Blasters because obviously they have
overcome any fears TLG may have had in the past about including "guns" in
sets.