 Star Wars / 9099
Re: Star Wars customs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 14:14:09 GMT

From: "Brucey-Wan" <brucey_wan@hotmail.com>

hello. i made a few swlego customs on mlcad. i actually made them, but it was
easier to make them on mlcad than to wait to get pictures taken of them.
there's my slave 1, a-wing, skyhopper, and mos espa scene.please tell me what
you think. adios,
8^) Brucey-Wan

here's the links:
http://www.geocities.com/sithoutofluck/awing2.jpg

I like what you've done with a few cosmetic touches here. You've added some
details that really help the model. The engines are much more similar to the
"real" thing, and the laser cannons look much cleaner. How do the 1x1 plates
stay on the nose, though?

http://www.geocities.com/sithoutofluck/slaveone.jpg

I like what you've done here, with the laser cannons. The TLC version had
really wimpy cannons, IMO. How did you get them to stay on? What did you do
about the ramp? Also, I'd recommend doubling up on the
1x1-with-stud-on-one-side bricks on the wings, maybe put a tile on top of 4
of them, so you get better structural integrity on the wing.

http://www.geocities.com/sithoutofluck/mosespa.jpg

Is this any different from your previous photo?

http://www.geocities.com/sithoutofluck/skyhopper.jpg

The main cockpit seems a bit tall, but it's a good start. Needs more
details, though. Kind of looks unfinished.

Overall, I think you have a good eye for the Star Wars style. Keep up the
good work.

~Mark
--
Mark's Lego Creations