 Star Wars / 8942
  My DSDK AT AT Walks backwards

Perhaps someone else has had this problem. I've built the DSDK AT AT twice now (very cool!) and have followed the instructions to the letter (I think) however for some reason when I have finished it walked backwards instead of forwards. I was able (...) (24 years ago, 11-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: My DSDK AT AT Walks backwards

Must be you. I've got it built now and it walks forwards. Mine actually has a problem walking backwards. -- Mike Faunce mike at faunce dot com LUGNET #96 "Keith Blumenthal" <Keith.Blumenthal@wcom.com> wrote in message news:G0qDEp.D89@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: My DSDK AT AT Walks backwards

(...) This is just a guess, but try removing either end of the power cord to the motor and reversing it 180 degrees. That will reverse the polarity of the motor and cause it to run in the other direction. Hope this helps! (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: My DSDK AT AT Walks backwards

(...) The DSDK uses the Micro-Scout - the moter is built in. (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: My DSDK AT AT Walks backwards

(...) That would have been my guess but doesn't the Microscout have one BUILT IN motor? If there are no cords then obviously you can't turn the cords to reverse polarity. I've never touched a Microscout so I don't know if there's another easy way to (...) (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: My DSDK AT AT Walks backwards

(...) Although I don't have this set I do have a suggestion. Try building one of the alternate models with this set (I believe it comes with instructions for 3 different models). If those models also go backwards when they should go forward then (...) (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: My DSDK AT AT Walks backwards

(...) Maybe putting the batteries in backwards in the MicroScout will cause the motor to run in reverse? John Hansen (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: My DSDK AT AT Walks backwards

(...) Bad idea - I doubt the electronics would operate very well with reverse current. I'd suggest you look for anywhere where there might be some gearing transferring the drive through a right-angle, and check the take-off gear is on the correct (...) (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)