 Star Wars / 8895
Re: UCS Scaling question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 2 Sep 2000 06:30:43 GMT

Too true, the RD unit is off compared to the rest of the ship.  Not only
that, but he's also riding too tall in the saddle.  Only his dome should be
visible.  You'd think with all the attention to detail they put into this
set that they would've paid attention to this.  My guess is that the RD
figure should be about 10-20% bigger.  Of course, TLG probably considered
the cost of producing a unique droid for the set prohibitive.

I think it would have been cool if they'd produced unique figures for the
UCS line.  I had suggested something similar to this awhile back where I
wished that TLG would produce a figure in between the minifig and the
Technic 'fig.  It would have the same joints and architecture as the Technic
'fig, yet be half as tall.  That would be a pretty good match to the scale
of the UCS sets.  Too bad we'll probably never see it.

Dave

Jonathan McKay <vebble2669@aol.com> wrote in message
Hello,

I was wonderiing wether the UCS series was scaled to minifigs or technic • figs.
I thought techinic figs but then there's that minifig scale R2-D2 on top • of
the x-wing. Just wondering

Thanks,

-Jonathan McKay