 Star Wars / 8500
  Re: who's feelin the black pack?

(...) foundations (...) Be very VERY careful with this assertion... TLG has NEVER made any indication that the Cowboys were vs the indians... If you'll note, every one of the adversarial themes TLG has produced has some character crossover (IE: a (...) (24 years ago, 7-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: who's feelin the black pack?

(...) You're right, of course. There are no Indians in the Cowboy sets, or vice-versa. I think closing your eyes to the idea that this is how the toys were, to some extent, expected to be played with is a little naive, though. And it doesn't change (...) (24 years ago, 7-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: who's feelin the black pack?

(...) don't (...) I never saw the marketing for this, I only assumed. Good call. So is it just our societal assumptions that pits the blue clad US soldiers vs. the "indians"? Ehhhhh... I still think it was risky, on TLG's part. They MIGHT have been (...) (24 years ago, 7-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: who's feelin the black pack?

(...) (URL) (24 years ago, 7-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: who's feelin the black pack?

(...) Don't know if that was supposed to be a funny remark, there are "Cowboys" (US soldiers, really) and "Indians" on the same team duelling with "Cowboys" and "Indians" of another team in that pic. =) See? They can get along! =) They can even join (...) (24 years ago, 7-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: who's feelin the black pack?

(...) carefully at the pic). Do you know if in the game you actually play the cowboys vs the indians? In any case, I guess I should ammend my statement to say that in the actual LEGO sets, and advertizing for the sets, the above is true. --Karim (24 years ago, 7-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: who's feelin the black pack?

(...) Take a look at the copy of the 1997 (...) page. (...) Neither do I, but here is an excerpt from the above copy: "Gallop over the plains free as the wind, build your tepee and canoe down a swift river like the Native Americans... ...Food and (...) (24 years ago, 7-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)