 Star Wars / 8492
Re: who's feelin the black pack?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 18:44:49 GMT

Seeing as the old Anakin Skywalker (beneath the Darth Vader mask) was a gray
minifig head, I can see the logic in that.

On the other hand, Emperor Palpatine, who was more gray than Lord Vader, is
yellow in the Lego incarnation.

I bet the gray Vader head was just a way of making him more special even
without the mask.

Was Darth Maul's face a tattoo?

Darth Maul had horns on his head... Were they piercings? Could it be that
Maul wasn't even human (yellow eyes)?

Legoland (*System*, not Duplo or anything else), whatever the reasons may
be, has been a world free of skin color up to now. Given that humans are ONE
race, no matter what color of skin they might have, Lego's one-skin-color
approach is a quite nice change to our world, where people seem to spend so
much time debating the issue.

Anakin is way too tall in his Lego incarnation. Luke doesn't look the least
like Luke in the movies. Etc. The only reason we know it's them is because
it says so on the box.

Etc.

T.
--> thomas weigle  |  w.i.m.p.