 Star Wars / 835
  *All* sets soon available?

This seems odd. At a Wal-Mart in Mesa, AZ, they had only two snowspeeders left. But the shelves were cleared, and the store price/inventory labels were applied to them for all of the following: Naboo Starfighter 7171 $19.97 Anakin Pod Racer 7131 (...) (26 years ago, 18-Mar-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: *All* sets soon available?

(...) I've seen the two trailers and a brief look on several Star Wars sites, but I don't know what kind of vehicle is meant by a 'Pod Racer'. Does anybody know or have an educated guess? Eric (26 years ago, 18-Mar-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: *All* sets soon available?

The pod racers are the vehicles shown zipping through the desert. That is a race scene from Tatooine that Anakin is involved in. It was filmed in the Tunisian desert, and 2 days into the filming there, the entire set was destroyed by a nasty storm. (...) (26 years ago, 18-Mar-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: *All* sets soon available?

(...) IIRC, there were some pretty good shots of the pod race in Trailer B. The pod racers kinda look like space-age chariots. There's, well, a "pod" that the driver sits in, which is tethered to two massize engines. These engines are connected to (...) (26 years ago, 18-Mar-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: *All* sets soon available?

Big goof! I don't see them coming out until May, or when the movie comes out. Excellent trailer BTW! Scott Sanburn Scott Sanburn (...) (26 years ago, 20-Mar-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: *All* sets soon available?

I think Wal-Mart in general made a big goof. I saw the same thing at a Wal- Mart here in Massachusetts. Eric Kingsley (...) applied (...) (26 years ago, 21-Mar-99, to lugnet.starwars)