 Star Wars / 841
Re: *All* sets soon available?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 12:05:57 GMT

The pod racers are the vehicles shown zipping through the desert.  That is a
race scene from Tatooine that Anakin is involved in.  It was filmed in the
Tunisian desert, and 2 days into the filming there, the entire set was destroyed
by a nasty storm.  All the race vehicle props (and they're big!), buildings,
etc. had to be repaired and rebuilt there on the site.  Fortunately they were
able to make the repairs and rearrange the shooting schedule so that they
finished on schedule.  Ironically, during the filming of Star Wars, the desert
set was destroyed by a sandstorm, too.  George Lucas took the destruction of the
Episode 1 set as a good omen.  :-)

Eric Brok wrote:

Anakin Pod Racer 7131 $14.97

Mos Espa Pod Racer 7171 $89.97

I've seen the two trailers and a brief look on several Star Wars sites, but
I don't know what kind of vehicle is meant by a 'Pod Racer'.
Does anybody know or have an educated guess?

Eric

--
Greg Williams
gregw@mindspring.com