 Star Wars / 8348
  SW Books

Is the "Star Wars Technical Journal" worth buying? How does it compare to the Encyclopedia? I have read through the Encyclopedia, and found it lacking in pictures/photos and detail. It gives a brief bit about everything, including obscure history (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW Books

(...) lacking (...) art. Agreed, the Encyclopaedia is lacking in detail and inconsistent with its entries. I loved the Technical Journal - in conjunction with the Essential Guides it is great - unfortunately there is no one book dealing with all (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW Books

You may be able to find this book on Amazon for $75. I got mine at that price. You should also look for Industrial Light and Magic: The Art of Special Effects. Many good photos in there as well, though Chronicles duplicates all of them, I think. (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW Books

Hey Jeff, If it's movie stills you're looking for, you've already got everything you need - just spend a couple of hours on the computer, and you'll find all the stills of all the ships that are out there. When I built my AT-ST and AT-AT (and when (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)