 Star Wars / 8169
Re: Disappointing Pod Racing Bucket
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 3 Jul 2000 21:15:00 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Dave Schuler writes:
I finally got the chance to see this item at a local TRU, and I'm really
unimpressed.  The scanner indicated it to be $24.99 for under 300 pieces, and
none of them unique or particularly impressive.  I understand that, to
assemble an equivalent collection of bricks, one would have to dump a lot more
than $25 on SW sets, but this is ridiculous!  But do we really need another
JarJar and Anakin figure?  For that price they could at least have given 400
or 500 to make the bucket seem more like a deal than a gouge.
If anyone wants buckets, my TRU has about a dozen, and you're welcome to
them!

    Dave!

Well what sold me was the cool plastic stars on the tub [/:-).
I was happy with the parts as I have not bought the other
two Pod Sets yet. I can also see someone who had the 7171
big set picking one up for fills.

All in in all I liked it, But then I like to buy Sets more than parts.

My 2c
DaveG