 Star Wars / 8077
Re: MOC Radiant VII just added to my page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 18:40:55 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Ralph Döring writes:

It does but my mind blew up on this one :) I have been to your site before and
have admired all of your models but this one tops them all. It´s also very
cool to see a red spaceship. I started building this thing and found out that
my red bricks and plates wouldn´t even be enough for the engines...

thanks a lot  :)

It was one of my favorites to build, and I wasn't able to make it the size I
wanted also.  I was originally going to build it in real Mini-fig scale, but
discovered I needed a lot more parts to do that properly, more slopes than I
can afford to buy right now, unfortunately.  It's also a good thing I didn't
build it in Mini-fig scale, as it is heavy enough that building it larger
could have created a transportation problem.

Please post more pictures and build more of your excellent Star Wars models.

I try my best!  My girlfriend doesn't mind that I build stuff, but she isn't
interested in Lego herself.  So when I build that means I do it at my
apartment by myself... and that means I don't get to do it as much as I desire
to.  But the trade-off is nice  :)
I have to admit I am kinda jealous of the people here at Lugnet that have
partners that enjoy Lego along with them.

One question: do you still have all models build or do you destroy them after
a while ?

People sometimes get mad at me for admitting this, but I always take them
apart after I get enough photos of them.  I build for the sake of the
challenge and for the relaxation it gives me, and if I had all my ships
together, it would severely limit my building ability.
I sometimes keep smaller things together for a half-year or so, but eventually
everything gets taken apart.  Right now, I have the Black Crescent "No-Gun"
mech together because I am very happy with it (it makes a nice TV-top
display), and it's small.

cheers!
Joel