 Star Wars / 7922
Re: set#3340 in stock at LEGO S@H USA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 10:56:32 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Ben Gatrelle writes:
I called S@H to order some bulk trees. They had the  Emperor/Darth pack #3340
in stock, and they backordered for me the other three SW packs. The funny
thing is that they had #3343 listed in their system as "Pit Droids with
Leader" not Battle Droids. I told her her system was wrong and that I was
looking at a picture which is clearly Battle Droids. She said she would
mention this error ot her supervisor.  5 minutes later she calls me back at
work and says, "Uhhh where did you see a picture of this set? We don't have
any pictures internally or on the LEGO web site. It will be in the July
catalog, but we don't have any copies here yet."

I tried to backordeer these a week ago and couldn't.  Now they are taking
orders. Maybe because I gave the source code from the <www.lego.com/bulk> page
or maybe because they just weren't sku'd up then.

Ben Gatrelle
(remove the spam dot from the yellowcastle to reply)

PS I did call S@H directly, I was charged shipping, but I didn't ask if they
were giving the bulk multiple set discount on any orders using the bulk source
code, but I bet they will.

Non-business (after hours service) hours ordering has only the first two, 3340
and 3341 listed in stock.  The others, 3342 and 3343 do not show up in their
system.  Also, the Podracer Bucket does not show up.  I only have two hours or
so to wait for regualar hours...
They are only a shopping service, so it's not likely they would have anything
until after a product is available.  Especially from the official web site
(yawn).
Happy day,
Aaron