 Star Wars / 737
736  |  738
Subject:
Star Wars hits Columbus, OH Meijer stores!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.oh.col
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 05:42:13 GMT

I knew it was only a matter of days since our Michigan neighbors to the North
got them late last week.  Sure enough, Sawmill Rd and Hilliard Rome Meijers got
their first shipment today - and I was fortunate enough to make to both store
before they were gone.  I actually got 3 of each set, one for myself (okay 2 of
the Landspeeders and Speederbikes) another for Mike Huffman and the third set
for my brother who is away at college and has no car.

I like the smaller two sets, which were built immediately when I got home
- after driving the speed limit of course :-).  It wasn't until I built the
Snowspeeder later in the evening that I had the flashbacks and distant memories
of well-designed sets.  I'm talking about the kind of set that has a variety of
general use pieces, but combines them into a creative, fun, inspiring creation
that can be displayed, played with, or taken apart and rebuilt into any of
100 different things.  The Snowspeeder is quite a piece of work, IMO, and I'm
hoping the X-Wing and Tie/Y-Wing sets are equally impressive (they will be
built tomorrow, maybe I'll come home for lunch!).

-Mike Ulring