 Star Wars / 7233
Re: Just ordered Millennium Falcon from Lego...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2000 15:32:31 GMT

Every item I have ordered (except for one Xmas-time order[to a PO Box])
arrived at my house within 4 days of calling.  There is no waiting list when
you order an item that is in stock.  If it is not in stock, then the operator
will tell you.  Besides, each set is made by the thousands (millions) at the
time of release and will be easy to order or go out and get for about 3 years
at least.  "How many do you want?", is the question they always ask me...
And you may find that S@H has a lower price than retail, if you figure in tax.
$109?!?!  Until I build it I won't rain on it, but the cockpit ought to seat
two for that price.
Happy building,
Aaron

Same here.  I call and ask first, "If its in stock and able to be shipped
immediately, I would like to order set XXXX."  Then they say yes or no.
Fortunately, they ship from Connecticut and I live in NJ.  So if I order by
noon, I get it next morning.  Ordered UCS Tie on Monday at 11 am,  received it
Tuesday at 10 am.  Now thats service, and the expensive sets are sometimes a
bargain to order from SAH because they would cost as much in NJ due to tax.  A
$100 set would cost 106 in NJ, its 109 to order from SAH and get it 2 months
before it hits the shelves.  Thats worth 3 bucks to me.  X wing was 159 at
SAH, in NJ it would be 159.  Same price but got it earlier.  Same thing with
the Supercar 8448.  Once it did hit the store shelves, they were gone within a
month and no one has gotten them back in since in my area.  SAH is the way I
go for the bigger sets.  The smaller sets ($50 and less) I always pick up in
stores, on sale if possible.

Jason F.