 Star Wars / 7232
Re: Just ordered Millennium Falcon from Lego...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2000 14:38:59 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Mychal Zimny writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Jody Anderson writes:
I just wanted to say I called the Lego customer service number • (1-800-835-4386)
to check on when the Falcon would be able in the stores or ordering from • Lego.
I was surprised to find out I could NOW order it directly from Lego. I was • told
it was available as of yesterday. It is $109.

The thing that troubles me about ordering this from S@H is you could be put on
a waiting list that is who knows how long and end up getting it months from • now
when you could have waited and purchased it at a retail store. It seems to be
quite popular so I don't think this is unreasonable. Any thoughts?

Every item I have ordered (except for one Xmas-time order[to a PO Box])
arrived at my house within 4 days of calling.  There is no waiting list when
you order an item that is in stock.  If it is not in stock, then the operator
will tell you.  Besides, each set is made by the thousands (millions) at the
time of release and will be easy to order or go out and get for about 3 years
at least.  "How many do you want?", is the question they always ask me...
And you may find that S@H has a lower price than retail, if you figure in tax.
$109?!?!  Until I build it I won't rain on it, but the cockpit ought to seat
two for that price.
Happy building,
Aaron