 Star Wars / 6964
Re: Star-Wars Themed Night Club
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build, lugnet.town
Date:
Sat, 29 Apr 2000 04:58:14 GMT

Exactly! At first (when your first town was up), I found it slightly weird • to
have a castle and a pirate ship in the middle of the town... but as your • 2nd
town materialized and grew, you made very clear-cut (and reasonable!)
unrealistic buildings... that somehow to fit in perfectly, the way you
describe them... :-) I just love it! Preach it, bro!

Thanks,

LEGO City 1 actually just started out as a way to fill up half of an empty
room, and I was actually more interested in having a train layout than any
sort of town.  I had the castle left-over from old Christmas layouts so I
stuck that in the back (Parts of my castle are about 15 years old!).  The
station was also another left over so I put that up too.  I think I remember
the layout looking unbalanced, so I decided to build an old "Main Street"
set.  Then, I bought a space shuttle set.  Well, then it just sort-of took
off from there.....

Anyhow, the point of all that rambling was that LEGO City 1 was thrown
together at that tail end of my dark ages.  LEGO City 2 was actually planned
with growth and theme integration in mind.  Plus, I think I got a lot more
interested in writing up plausible descriptions on my web site.  I think
that the verbose descriptions help coalesce the disparate buildings into a
much more cohesive whole.

Brad