 Star Wars / 6806
  Overuse of Star Wars elements?

Is it just me, or does The Lego Company seem to be putting an awful lot of effort into putting "Star Wars elements" into Star Wars sets? Does every Star Wars set _have_ to have an ion cannon in it? Or an X-Wing engine? Sometimes it seems like a bit (...) (24 years ago, 14-Apr-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Overuse of Star Wars elements?

(...) Hey TLC spent good money on those molds. You better believe that they would want to get their money's worth. :-) -Duane (24 years ago, 14-Apr-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Overuse of Star Wars elements?

(...) Nah, not really. At least, I don't think they're reaching. I had expected the Falcon's quad-lasers to be made from the ion cannon piece; I was really surprised when I saw that they aren't... Steve (24 years ago, 16-Apr-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Overuse of Star Wars elements?

(...) Star (...) I don't think they have overdone the few new elements. I would much rather see them (over) use a few specific pieces rather than create a whole lot of pre- fab specialized pieces. (24 years ago, 17-Apr-00, to lugnet.starwars)