 Star Wars / 6353
Re: Pit Droid question (#8000)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 2000 19:21:54 GMT

jamie hickey wrote:

I'm the type of person that has to have them when I see them setting on the
shelves in stores.

I can't stand hearing about them from friends and reading about them here.

This is what I do to get all of the sets when I see them.

Pick up your paycheck and cash it. Take care off all your bills, rent,
insurance, groceries, ect.. Put some in my savings account. Goto down to
Toys'r'us or Meijer's and buy 5 or 10 worth of gift cards here and there.
Put them in a safe place, I put them in m planner so I always have them with
me, and when I see them, grab them! Or something else I want!

Two words:  Credit Cards.  Buy enough on discount to resell and defray your own
costs.  Justify it as "me time."

I picked up all the new 2000 sets as soon as I seen them in stores! I got 4
or 5 at the Meijer's I work at and the rest at a Meijer's in East Lansing
when I was down there!

I still have about $300 worth of Toys'r'us gift cards sitting in my planner.
I figure Meijer's wouldn't get the UCS sets, they cost too much. So when
mid-June hits, I'll either stop by or call  Toys'r'us everyday till I get
them. Toys'r'us is on my way to work, It works out pretty good!

Target will almost certainly get the UCS sets.  I wouldn't be surprised if
Meijer does, though.

best

Lindsay