 Star Wars / 6252
6251  |  6253
Subject:
Capt. Antilles and Rebel soldiers and Samurai
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 01:37:12 GMT

A friend of mine let me borrow the updated version of SW ep 4 today....

I wanted to have a few of the "guys who get it" when the Stormtroopers
breach the bulkhead in the beginning of the movie....I took some old plain
black, white and blue torsos and used some of the light gray and dark gray
samurai helms ....not revolutionary, but workable....I used the rebel tech
body and a luke head w/ helm for Captain Antilles...

I also figured I would see if the clip could be used for anything useful
after discovering that I couldn't cajole the standard space helmet visors
into the side holes...I tried different color 1x2 plates w/ the parallel
roll bar to see if I could make a visor....not great looking but the idea is
growing on me....

I decided to experiment w/ Star Wars torsos after converting all my Jar Jar
torsos to Ninja theme galley slaves....( I have been using the obi wans and
qui gons w/ islander knot hair pieces for Samurai for a long time....much
the way they are being employed in DaveE and other people's creations)