 Star Wars / 6157
6156  |  6158
Subject:
New pic comments
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 06:35:18 GMT

The MTT

Dark gray extreme slope heaven.  I'll definitely be getting a few of these.
LOTS of brown too.  What the hell is that green doing there?

The Falcon

It's a place to start.  Is this a first for 1x2 trans-clear thin-walls?  I'm
glad there are four of them.  The giant cockpit piece looks better with the
paint job, but why is it so darn big?  Looks REALLY silly all open like
that.  The holotable piece is cool.  The escape pod is a joke.  Four large
inverse saucer pieces.  EEYES!  That is very cool.  The translucent blue
ridged piping for the engine looks interesting.  There appears to be a
Soldier backpack in the bottom right of this pic:

http://www.rebelscum.com/toys/legofalconinside.jpg

I'll bet Threepio is a funny color because they haven't settled on the right
mixture of plastic for this particular minifig.  This would be an instance
where I would be happy to see a limited edition gold 'fig made available.
Why the hell didn't they make him yellow anyway?  That's a much easier color
to associate with gold than tan fer chrissakes.  Who makes these illogical
decisions?

The UCS Tie Interceptor

Awesome!  Did anyone notice the "card" on the stand is actually a sticker on
top of twelve 1x8 black tiles?  Pretty cool.  What a wealth of dark gray.
There's a 4x4 radar dish in dark gray, that's new I believe.  It's decorated
too, which will be great for MOC Sith Infiltrators.  That decorated smoke
dome cockpit piece is awesome in the extreme!  Two dark gray astrolabes.

The UCS X-Wing

Couldn't be better!  Not only are there gray astromech bodies in the laser
guns, but there are eight gray barrels in the rear engines!  It also looks
like we'll get four gray 2x4x4 half-cylinders.  *slobber*  This set is
definitely a Lego SW fan's dream come true!

Dave

--
"There is no end, no beginning.  There is only the infinite passion of
life."  -Federico Fellini