 Star Wars / 608
Re: What was I thinking in December?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 23:29:08 GMT

John,

I understand your feelings, I did the same thing. See you in the
stores, watch out for the big blond haired guy walking really fast! :)

Scott Sanburn

John VanZwieten wrote:

What was I thinking when the info came out in December about advance
ordering Star Wars sets?  Why didn't I order right then and there?

If you have read my RTL Roll Call, you know that my claim to Lego fame is
that I wrote Lego just after Star Wars came out and suggested they make Star
Wars Lego sets (I even included diagrams).  Of course they wrote a nice
letter back saying they just don't do licensing at Lego.

So here I've been waiting two decades for these sets, and I don't take
advantage of the first possible opportunity to buy them?  Just because I'm
busy buying X-mas presents for the kids?  Isn't this situation what credit
cards were made for? Hearing everone else talk about the sets sure makes me
regret it.  I even found myself haunting the E-Bay Star Wars rip-offs,
telling myself I can live another month or so without.

Thanks for listening to my rants,

-John Van