 Star Wars / 5968
    Re: Empire Analysis : WAS: [Re: Why I think we'll get Stormtroopers + Imperial ships] —James Simpson
   (...) I think that Americans tend to associate the British accent with formality and sophistication; sort of the regal by-the-book British officer character. This stereotype (or so I suppose it could be called) fits well with the characteristics of (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Empire Analysis : WAS: [Re: Why I think we'll get Stormtroopers + Imperial ships] —Jeff Thompson
   (...) adds (...) EP (...) Princess Leia speaks with a faux-british accent in parts of ST:ANH, so the "british accent as signifier of evil" theory doesn't quite pan out across the board. Not to mention that James Earl Jones doesn't have much of a (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.starwars)