 Star Wars / 5540
Re: yellow antenna
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 18:17:55 GMT

     Actually, I've had a good replacement tale involving LEGO S.A.H.S.. I
bought an Insectoids Hornet Scout (?) featuring the rare Insectoid Queen.
However, the (translucent) Chartreuse or greenish-yellow pieces that were
pictured in the instructions/box pictures were actually (translucent) regular
green. Upon calling them on it the weekday after I'd received it (Monday; the
package arr. Friday), I received an oversized, padded envelope (this arrived
before the week finished) including not only the three of the parts I
requested, but 3 trans. regular-yellow 1 x 1 cones. This way, they made sure I
had what I wanted. They also sent me a letter of apology.
     Since then, I've been tempted to lie, but decided if I really need the
pieces I want, I could always try to make a special bulk order.

     James J.

     I have another SW: E1 concern: Did they mix up the hairpiece/hood to
Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi? I thought Obi-Wan had the strange ponytail
system and Qui-Gon Jinn wore the brown hood.

In lugnet.starwars, Paul Davidson writes:
I don't think Lego replaces parts that are lost by the consumer after
purchase.  One could lie, I suppose, if he wanted to put this wonderful
service at risk by wrongly taking advantage of it.

--

Paul Davidson