 Star Wars / 5344
  Re: Review 7124 - Flash Speeder

(...) This reminds me of the mirror trick used in "Star Wars". In a couple of shots, to make the landspeeder appear appear to hover a mirrored skirt was placed around the supporting structure below the chassis, hiding the wheels and reflecting the (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Review 7124 - Flash Speeder

(...) Do you have a source on this? I've sort of made a minor hobby of researching ILM's techniques (especially the early ones, from Star Wars and Empire- back when they were still fairly low-tech :D ) and I've never heard of this. I'm not (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Review 7124 - Flash Speeder

(...) I can't remember the source, so take this for what it is worth: In the original ANH, remember that shot when the Landspeeder coasts into Mos Eisley, and the special effects shot had a sort of blurred, funky distortion underneath the speeder (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Review 7124 - Flash Speeder

(...) Building off of what James said, in the video edition of ANH - SE, in the little intro where they tell some of the differences in the two editions, somebody (it may have even been Lucas, himself) says what James wrote above about vaseline on (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Review 7124 - Flash Speeder

(...) I don't remember where I first read or heard it. I'm not near my home library right now, and I may have heard it at some presentation or another. A quick search on the web for confirmation yielded this: (URL) PBS's "Nova" pages. Not a primary (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Review 7124 - Flash Speeder

(...) made the Landspeeder float: mirrors, and also vaseline on the camera lens. (24 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Review 7124 - Flash Speeder

(...) the (...) being run (...) and the star destroyers' background engine sound is a cheap motel air conditioner, slowed way down, iirc. -- -Steven "Nothin' But Net!" (URL) (24 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)