 Star Wars / 503
502  |  504
Subject:
Mindstorms R2 Unit Spotted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 13 Feb 1999 04:38:04 GMT

This morning I saw the Mindstorms R2 model on an early morning TV news show
(one of the networks, can't remember which.)  They were describing a variety of
toys, so I didn't get a very long look.

It stood 12-15 inches tall.  The head looked very rounded, but I could not tell
how this was accomplished (special use pieces or what).

It appeared to have a front display different than the RCX, in fact I didn't
see the RCX at all.  It could have been hidden in the head, though.

R2's body looked like he had been on a serious diet, but overall the model
seemed pretty cool.

The "toy guy" also held up one of those quick-cam eyeballs and talked as if
Mindstorms would be incorporating it.  It wasn't clear to me if the quick-cam
was part of R2 or another Mindstorms add-on.

Did anyone else see this?

-John Van