 Star Wars / 4953
Re: New bits of Info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 20:50:02 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:
Jeff Stembel wrote:

Well, I just got some of the 2000 Sets, I'm happy to say.  I discovered two • new
bits of info for everyone to discuss:

A.  Luke has a new head in the Desert Skiff.  I *think* it is Young Obi- • Wan's
head, but I don't have one near me to check.  He also has a new Torso.

It looks a lot like Obi Ones head, but it doesn't have the beard and the
mouth looks either straight or a small smirk, Obi's was definatrely a
frown (I have Obi here at work, and have the instructions for the Desert
Skiff in front of me) The torso looks like a ninja, and it isn't the
same as the first ROTJ Luke.

It is the head from YOUNG Obi Wan, who doesn't have a beard either. It is a
different torso (I think brand new) Looks a lot like Maul's but simpler.

B.  The Millenium Falcon will have the "Smuggler's Chambers", like where • they
hid when the ship was taken on board the Death Star.  It can be seen in a • new
inset picture in the mini-catalog, I'll try to scan it and upload it • tonight.

Hmm.. It looks like a escape pod, or a little ship or something.

It is an escape pod in the full 2000 catalogue. One of the little sets (I
forget which 'cause I opened them all at once) comes with a one page mini-
catalogue that shows the smugglers chambers- which means there will be some
interior to the 'Falcon.

Scott S.
By the way- I got mine here in Cincinnati at , you guessed it, Meijer's. 25%
off!

They had every new SW set except for the UCS models, AAT, MTT, 'Falcon and the
Droideka. I don't think those are out anywhere tho so the basically had
everything that's available.

Chris L.