 Star Wars / 4794
Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 04:55:23 GMT

In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.general, lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman) writes:

[SNIP]

The number 1886 for the SW bucket came from a sheet which was dispatched to
retailers around the country by LSI in Enfield, giving a list of buckets
being discontinued.  I asked my source if this was confidential information,
and he/she preferred to remain anonymous but added that it wasn't really
confidential, to the best of his/her knowledge.  This same source has also
-not- repeated private information which he/she did believe was
confidential, so I have reason to believe it was correct.

--Todd

I hate to jump in on this one, but I think the scans were OK. As for retailer
catalogs, what about set 6500????  It says in the Pause/Lugnet database, "In a
1996 UK retailers catalog, this set was announced to have been "Available
August
'96". It is not yet known where or if it actually appeared for sale."  If you
apply the same logic, we should have never seen this set......

http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=6500

That is my two Lego bricks worth....

Chet
citeman@aol.com