 Star Wars / 4315
Re: Something I just noticed about the B-Wing catalog scan
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 15:10:45 GMT

"Jason Fabisch" <jfabisch@alphawire.com> writes:

I think your first guess was correct.  It comes with the control
center and the crane with tools and parts.  I read somewhere that you
can upgrade some parts and maybe swap a few.  So it seems that you
can configure the weapons to your liking.  I think that is what they
were referring too.

I don't agree.  In the Norwegian LEGO catalogue (I don't know about any
other catalogues, as I don't have them), there are written notes like:
"You can rebuild and improve the vehicle, if you want to." written under
many of the 1999 Star Wars set description.  Also, when you look at the
backside of the boxes, the images typically show the construction of the
main model, as well as some alternate models.

It seems to me that LEGO has been emphasizing the buildability and
improvability with the Star Wars models so far.  Which is clearly a good
thing, especially since the LEGO Star Wars models probably would have
sold very good even if they were compiled from a handful of BURPs.

Fredrik