 Star Wars / 425
424  |  426
Subject:
More Star Wars coolness
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 24 Jan 1999 08:59:18 GMT

OK, OK, *yes* I'm spending too much time poring over these images...

The speederbikes have a "kick stand" in the front.  Compare the box cover image
against the set image with a bike parked on the tarmac.  So cool!

The Y-Wing engine domes are the Insectoid domes in white.  Those engines have
several 4x4 round bricks each.

Funny to see some standard Lego parts like the cannon in the Hoth soldier's
hands.

I am floored by these sets, for the same reason posted several times here over
the last couple days: these are *Lego sets*, in the very best sense of the
term.  They are not just overly-prefabbed Star Wars toys.  Perverse that they
are some of the best Lego sets of the year (or last couple years), but I'm glad
they turned out this way.

I wonder if they'll ever do creatures such as the tauntaun-- I for one would
have no problem with this being done from custom figural parts, like other
animals such as the dragon and alligator.

Kevin