 Star Wars / 4230
Re: Star Wars Set WIshes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 16:11:20 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Tom Boucher writes:
Does anyone else wish they'd just include 'regular joes' with the various
sets some times?

For me the answer is yes but not a resounding one.  Star Wars is actually
better then most current lines in terms of generics.

Like the X-Wing Fighter, Snowspeeder, Tie Fighter, Naboo Fighter.

I do alot to actually make generics.  For the pilots it is easy just change the
head.  Because aliens are perfectly acceptable for Star Wars just about any
head works.  I even use Native American Indian heads for that Checote - sp?
look.  Then for at least the Jedi Luke in the Speeder Bike set I use his torso
to make Rebel Jungle soldiers (
http://www.nelug.org/members/kingsley/starwars/images/forestssml.jpg ).  Of
course there is not much you can do with Darth Vader but in terms of most of
the EP1 fig torso's make great SW generics or peasants in Castle theme's.

Of course you all know that I think 2 years without a real StormTrooper would
be too much and at least so far we don't see any sign of one being released.  I
think this is the only thing that I am trully upset about in the whole Star
Wars line.  Yes some of the models are out of scale or not up to our high
standards but they are still better then just about anything else TLG is
putting out and we can allways improve on the designs.  The problem with the
StormTrooper is that unless you heavally modify figs and parts there is no way
to get one and seeing that I am basically a LEGO purist I will not Cut, Glue,
paint, or otherwise modify a part to get what I want.

It's annoying, to us that buy multiples (at least me) to have 10 Luke
Skywalkers.  It'd be nice to have different helmets and stuff instead of all
the Luke things.

To me having 4 helmets is great and it looks like there will be even more this
year.  Yes we end up with more red ones then anything else but as long as you
don't have 10 figs all standing around with the same head and helmet you hardly
notice.  Just check out our recent NELUG Star Wars setup.  I will garentee you
no one was saying what is with all the Luke's.  We even had people say where is
Luke Skywalker?

http://www.nelug.org/mindfest99/
http://troy.simplenet.com/lego/mindfest/

Like the Speeder Bikes.  I've got two Lukes (though I thought it was a great
touch to have one hand regular tone and the other black) and the only thing
stopping me from buying more of them is I'm sick of Lukes!

Again please check out my Rebel Forest Soldiers Idea.  It requires changing
arms and legs and getting some helmets but if you are buying multiple sets
anyway you probably allready have the parts.  I allready have 10 of the Speeder
Bike sets and now I have 10 Rebel Forest Soldiers and 20 Scout Troopers.
Pretty good odds I think when you consider how outnumbered the rebels were.

http://www.nelug.org/members/kingsley/starwars/images/forestssml.jpg

Eric

Remove ".nospam" when replying by E-mail

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/