 Star Wars / 371
Re: Updated summary of SW set names
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 02:37:34 GMT

blisses@worldnet.att.net (Steve Bliss) writes:

Can you provide a reference?

The SW Episode I information was sent in by a retailer with Internet access.

Although the info is technically second-hand -- having been transcribed from
a flyer sent out by (I think) LEGO Systems Inc. in Enfield -- I presume that
the information is accurate and correct, as it was distributed by TLG to
retailers to make them aware of upcoming offerings.

In that sense, the information is not 100% official (as a press release or a
catalog would be), although I'm not aware of anything that precludes the
information from being shared among LEGO fans, and I certainly don't think
the names and numbers of sets that are officially scheduled to come out is
anything that TLG would consider a secret once they've announced them to
retailers (basically, the public).

However, if it becomes clear that any of this makes TLG uncomfortable, we
will have to be careful in the future to weed out anything that's clearly
not intended to be consumer-grade information.

Are there pictures?!  How can I wait for
these things to become available!?!

I swear, I'm going to have call S@H and order a SW set every day from
now until March just to reduce my stress levels.

I didn't receive any pictures (and I don't think TLG has released any
yet)...  I wonder if we'll see anything more before Episode I comes out...

Being a die-hard SW fan, I can't wait for them either.  :)

--Todd