 Star Wars / 3499
  Check out my minifig-scale Droideka

Hey all, Just a shameless plug for my recent -- erm -- fully-transforming mecha. Check it out at: (URL) - jsproat (25 years ago, 22-Aug-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: Check out my minifig-scale Droideka

(...) Is there any chance someone could post a picture of the model, either a photo or the rendering? I am on a SunStation running UNIX w/ X, from which I can't run DOS programs, and I'd love to see the model. Any ideas? Thanks, Shaun (25 years ago, 23-Aug-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: Check out my minifig-scale Droideka

(...) I'll get it on my Web page soon... It's not yet a completey accurate rendering, tho, until I can swipe the LDraw part for the Pirate sword. I might leave it with the knives, I dunno... (...) If you can spare an ix86 machine with about 100Mb (...) (25 years ago, 23-Aug-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: Check out my minifig-scale Droideka

I made a rotating model of your Droideka, its a 2mg avi file. I'll try to make it available on the web soon (or my private home server). It's a very cool model. Pat J (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: Check out my minifig-scale Droideka

(...) Oh, wow! Thanks, man! :-, (Perhaps more than an) FYI, I have modified the Droideka head slightly, making it one stud wide so that it tapers at the front. IMO, the new face has a look more consistent with the baddie in the movie. I'll publish (...) (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: Check out my minifig-scale Droideka

It's up, check it out here: ftp://lugnet:brick@2...droid.html Or ftp using login=lugnet pass=brick. Pat J (...) (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: Check out my minifig-scale Droideka

Doh!!! that should be ftp://lugnet:brick@2...ddroid.avi (...) (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: Check out my minifig-scale Droideka

(...) Oops! It's really: ftp://lugnet:brick@2...ddroid.avi Heh heh heh cool! Thanks, man! Cheers, - jsproat (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: Check out my minifig-scale Droideka

Jeremy! That Droideka looks fantastic! I'm really impressed - I hope to see that going up in Pat's contest soon! Keep up the great work, Shaun (...) (25 years ago, 26-Aug-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: Check out my minifig-scale Droideka

This Droideka looks great ! I am always amased by models that look like the real thing and use just a few bricks. Very nice avi as well. Can you make one where the Droideka rolls in and unfolds to shot ? ;o) Greetings, Ralph (25 years ago, 26-Aug-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: Check out my minifig-scale Droideka

(...) Might want to configure that user within WarFTPd to just have access to the Movies directory. (25 years ago, 26-Aug-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)