 Star Wars / 3440
Re: no new SW LEGO this year
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 17:00:37 GMT

Mike Petrucelli wrote:
Steve Bliss wrote:
On Fri, 13 Aug 1999 09:38:04 GMT, "Dan The Man" <Train@Tesco.net> wrote:
year. Some in January, some in May, and some in August. The only time I've •      [snip]
Huh?  Seems like there's always some new LEGO sets released *just* before
Christmas.  Like within a week or two. •     [snip]
That is how it is where I live, but the offical release date for those
sets is alway January 1st of the new year.
   [snip]

In the UK, I've never noticed sets before Christmas, but then I've
avoided toy shops then anyway(1). Lego here seems less likely to appear
before the official date than it did- the Rock Raiders stuff turned up
towards the end of last week (7th), not at the beginning of August as
the brochure said.

:: paul

(1) I've not been looking for Lego for myself as an adult then, either,
so it might change this year.