 Star Wars / 3405
Re: escape pods
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 2 Aug 1999 23:11:21 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Shaun Sullivan writes:
Hi Ben,

What do you mean when you refer to a 1x4x5 train door?  I don't have any
train sets, and looking through the latest S@H I couldn't find anything
comparable.  Could you tell me a set # that it comes in (so I can look
that up), or a webpage with a picture of one?  And, as a last note, what
colors do they come in?  Always looking for escape hatches for the AT-AT
... :)

Thanks,
Shaun
If you look in the S@H catalogue take a look at the train crane and the
little green box.  Those are the type of doors for the escape pods.  If you
want grey doors the only sets I can think of with them are either the
Metroliner or the Clubcar.  Good luck finding those sets.

Ben Fleskes wrote:
[some material clipped]

Three corner castle wall segments with plates connecting them top and • bottom.
The opening on the fourth corner is filled with a 1x4x5 train door with a
window.  Add a little detailing and I'm pretty happy with it.  On top, I've
included a 1x2 technic brick whith a hole in the side.  The Pod pushes • against
a bungee cord stretched across the hole the pod fits in.  When it's all the
way in, you slide a technic axle into the hole and it's locked in position.
To eject the escape pod, simply pull the pin and it shoots up about 12"

I expect to mount two such escape pods in my Falcon.

A couple of comments:

1) I like the look of the pod with a door.  The combination of three castle
walls and the train door shape looks pretty cool.  I've never seen it done
before but it looks good.

etc.