 Star Wars / 3388
Re: new contest proposal (Pat's comments)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 18:18:02 GMT

Pat,

Thanks for the comments, there's really no big hurry on starting up the
contest, I just had the idea, and wanted to get some feedback.  I also have
the idea of making up an official flyer and orderform that Lugnetters can
print out and take down to their local Toys R Us's etc.  and maybe try to
get some more non-lugnet people to enter.

The main aspects of my contest that I want to stress is that the prize will
be significant, and the subject that everyone is modeling is the same, that
means everybody is working on the same level.  Seriously, it's hard for
anybody else to think they can compete with Ben's MF, and his ship is
minifig scale too, so unless someone builds Dash's Outrider or something
like it, then it's going to be a throw-away that Ben will win the Minifig
category.  Even a minifig AT-AT is going to be tough to beat Ben's MF.

If the initial contest is successful, I want to run more contests with
different subjects, not necessarily sticking exclusively to SW.

As for $5.00, I figured that's an amount that should be acceptable to
everyone who builds lego.  You can't be too budget conscious if you're a
Lego Maniac, and $5.00 is really not much anyway.

-Dave Jr.