 Star Wars / 3264
Re: Check out "The Saga Begins" :-)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 20:08:19 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Steve Bliss writes:
On Sat, 3 Jul 1999 04:46:02 GMT, legoverse@geocities.com (Terry K) wrote:
GUARANTEED to put a smile on any SW fans face..........
http://www.sagabegins.com/

Yes, this is extremely good.  I'm just mad that the whole presentation is
done with streaming video.  I'm willing to do a long, slow download, and
then do a playback at full-quality.  Just for the record, my experience is:

I too wish that there was an option to download the video, although I was blown
away by the quality of the streaming video. At work, with a really fast
connection, I was able to watch the highest quality video in quicktime
streaming format, and the quality was seriously almost as good as the star wars
trailer. (It also uses the sorenson codec). Bit rate was about 128 K per
second. If you have access to a fast connection, you should check it out.

-Michael

Quicktime & RealAudio = decent audio, poor video
AVI = better video, bad audio

All weekend, I've been singing mixed snippets of Weird Al and Don McClean.
:)

And I got inspired to look up _American Pie_, and read some interesting
analyses...