 Star Wars / 3191
  has anyone made an at-at out of lego?

has anyone made an at-at out of lego? i need pictures... has anyone used the "at-at foot" pieces to make one? (25 years ago, 29-Jun-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: has anyone made an at-at out of lego?

(...) I'm in the middle of making a minifig-size AT-AT; thus far it features fully articulated legs and feet, a 5 speeder-bike garage, seating for 40 troops, and reciprocating chin cannons. The next big challenge is to design a fully-articulated (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jun-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: has anyone made an at-at out of lego?

Based on the quality of superbly detailed AT-ST, your AT-AT must be incredible! How tall is it? Length? How large is the body? Any Pictures? Does the side open up to get at all the troops? Ben (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jun-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: has anyone made an at-at out of lego?

Thanks for the kind words, Ben! I'm not sure about topping your Falcon, though :) - the amount of pneumatics and detailing you've packed in there is amazing! I took some quick measurements this morning: The body itself is about 15 inches long, 21 (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jun-99, to lugnet.starwars)

Shaun Sullivan <sullis3@mit.edu> wrote in message news:377A18F8.3CD7@mit.edu... (...) Just a thought: the throwbot ball-joint pieces might give you the strength and flexibility you need. Of course you'd want to cover them with something. -John Van (25 years ago, 30-Jun-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: has anyone made an at-at out of lego?

Shaun- I have a couple of questions: 1) When will you have pictures? :) I've mailed your AT-ST URL around a lot, since it is probably the most incredible Lego page I've ever seen, and was just lucky to stumble on this thread (since I'm only on (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: has anyone made an at-at out of lego?

Hi Luis, Thanks for the ego-boost :) I'm glad you like the AT-ST ... to answer your other questions: 1) I'm planning on taking some pictures this weekend of the components I'm pleased with so far ... that is, the feet, the legs, the head, the (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: has anyone made an at-at out of lego?

(...) Have you considered trying the flex system for the knee joints? I kinda have an idea, lemme try to explain it. It would involve either a cam or a wheel to pull the leg back when it begins a step and straighten it out as it finishes. Do you (...) (25 years ago, 9-Jul-99, to lugnet.starwars)