 Star Wars / 314
Re: LIC SW info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 29 Dec 1998 23:01:02 GMT

Somehow I get the feeling certain figures won't be made, like Leia with • her
coiled braids, or Jawas. I hope I'm wrong, but I wonder if they're • counting on
the new stuff sort of overwhelming a lot of the old stuff so that they • don't
have to make it all.

Granted, that's a lot of molds and production runs, so I guess I really
couldn't blame them.

Well, I think they will make as many of the original trilogy characters as
possible.  Remember, there's probably going to be a three year gap between
the new movies.  That leaves plenty of time in between Episode I and
Episode II to expand the original trilogy and Episode I lines.

Also, I think LEGO will be more than happy to churn out new molds for the
Star Wars line.  I'm sure they know the sales possibilities with this line
-- otherwise they wouldn't have paid the licensing fees to obtain the
rights to produce the Star Wars sets.

Another possibility is that LEGO and Lucasfilm have a special agreement for
LEGO to produce X number of sets per trilogy over the course of the
contract.  Although, that's just a wild guess...

Steve Berry