 Star Wars / 3048
Re: ?Set 7130 part number & question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 17:44:12 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, John VanZwieten writes:
2) The second question is more of an observation. On the back of the box for
set 7130 (where the minifigs are putting together the ship), the dark-
grey 'female' part mentioned in question#1 appears to have a hole going
through the piece (you can see this in both of the parts that are visible on
the right side of the ship). When I look at the piece that actually came in • my
set, there is no hole in this piece. Does everyone else have the same
observation?

I don't have the box in front of me, but the piece just has indentations which
may look like a hole when viewed from an oblique angle.

-John Van

I think those are the prototypes.  There are many instances of TLG using the
prototype pieces for the pictures.  Examples:  Qui-Gon's Hair(the hairpiece is
smooth/faceted in the pictures) and the Lightsaber Hilt (the Hilt in the
pictures has wider ends).

Jeff