 Star Wars / 3044
Re: Pat's correct, no contest info. on LEGO's site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 22:43:00 GMT

Sorry about that, I just checked the site and there's no mention of the
contest, much less the entry forms.  But on the actual entry form, LEGO does
reference their web site for people who need additional forms or who can't
obtain them in stores.  That's why I posted what I did.  TLG needs to get
their act together.

For those of you who don't have access to the forms, here are the basics :

- Build a model using only pieces from LEGO products and take a photo of
your model.  Photos must be in color, no larger than 8" X 10".  No
slides/transparencies accepted.

- If you don't have an official entry form, enter your name, address, phone
number and birth date on a plain sheet of paper, no larger than 8 1/2" X
11".

- For entrants under 17 years old, submit a brief description (50 words or
less) telling how your creation could improve life on Earth or on a far away
galaxy in the next Millennium.  The 17 and older category does not require a
written essay.

- Mail entry via First Class mail to:  LEGO Star Wars Galactic Challenge,
P.O. Box 5054, Blair, NE 68009-5054.  Each entry must be mailed separately
and received by 12/31/1999.

- The judging for the 17 and under category is much too complex to explain
here.  For example, there will be a semi-finalist round and a build off in
New York in April 2000.

- The 17 and over rules were explained previously on Lugnet.

Steve B.