 Star Wars / 3014
Re: I have updated my site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 14:30:25 GMT

I'm planning on submitting more than one model, but I will definitely be
submitting my large Tie In.

I did want to make a clarification though for some of the people out here who
are thinking the Lego contest is a Starwars contest.  It's not.  In fact, after
re-reading the rules, it seems to me that a non-starwars based model may have a
better chance of winning than one which is based on a starwars ship/vehicle.

Here's what the rules say.  A lego model which would improve life on this
planet, or in a galaxy far, far away.  Further, specific to the 17 and up
category, the judging is based only 40% on engineering design, and 60% on
creativity/originality of design, which leads me to think that you will have a
better chance of winning with a non-starwars based, totally original MOC.

-Dave Jr.
http://soli.inav.net/~thomas/lego/main.htm