 Star Wars / 3011
Re: I have updated my site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 13:51:50 GMT

On Tue, 15 Jun 1999 12:21:17 GMT, "Eric Kingsley"
<kingsleyem@geocities.com> wrote:

In lugnet.starwars, Steve Berry writes:
This reminds me, who plans on submitting models to the LEGO SW contest?
And, if you plan on submitting a model, which one will you enter?

I would like to enter but as you can see my models are not sizable and although
this should not matter I think a large well detailed model would win out over a
small well detailed model and I have seen many large models posted here
including an AT-ST and a couple of different versions of the Millenium Falcon
and a great "Expert Modelers" version of the Tie-Intercepter.

Maybe I will submit one for kicks but I know there are to many great models
that I have seen and even more I havn't to realistically think any of my models
have much of a chance.

I can't speak for the judges, but my take is that for building contests,
size shouldn't matter.  Those large, detailed models *are* awesome, and
their creators have put a tremendous amount of work (and money) into their
creation.  But it is also impressive to see what someone can do in smaller
sized models, with fewer pieces and less space to work with.

Steve