 Star Wars / 2974
Re: When do you think the next line of SW Lego will be announced?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 15:53:28 GMT

just wanted to begin by saying hello to everyone since this is my first post. .
.

In lugnet.starwars, Peter Fuesz writes:
The wait between the trilogy sets and Episode 1 sets was pretty short, I wonder
if TLG will try to keep up that pace?

i think TLG will slow down there development pace for a while.  these first two
batches of sets seem to have been rushed in terms of there development time. if
you look at pictures of darth vader's helmet in the lego brochures, you'll
notice that they have a weird banding on them.   this is from a rapid
prototyping technique called SLA.  apparently TLG was so rushed that they
didn't have a production helmet to take pictures with when the made the
brochures.

On the other hand IMHO I think the Episode 1 sets were pushed out earier that
TLG wanded to because a few things look like they rushed (eg Jar-Jar's head,
Sebulba, Battle Droids legs and the Sith Infiltrator (granted, it has cool
parts.. but it just doesn't look right), ect. ect.)

from the may/june lego mania magazine it's apparent that QGJ 's hairpiece and
the hoods for maul and obi were developed late too because they have the same
banding as vader's.

i think your right that the ep1 stuff was pushed out earlier than TLG wanted.
TLG was probably still trying to get the classic stuff squared away and produce
the volume that they needed.

i'll definitely agree with you that jar jar and sebula were done particularly
poorly.  they don't seem to have the same level of quality that i would expect
from lego.

If the finanicial numbers were good enough (BTW, does anyone know how the SW
series is doing VS. TLG standard lines?) you would almost assume the series
will continue. But has that been anounced officially? When?

Food for thought,

Peter

i would assume they're doing alright.  i recently went to two TRU's in my area
and they both had recieved tremendous quanities of star wars legos.  TRU
wouldn't order so many if people weren't buying.

sun