 Star Wars / 2809
Re: Sith Infiltrator comments
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 4 Jun 1999 16:13:20 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Steve Berry writes:
I finally purchased the Sith Infiltrator yesterday.  Wow!  What a great set
for parts!  I highly recommend it for this purpose.  A good number of gray
plates, gray and dark gray slopes (regular and inverted), dark gray wedges
and several other neat pieces.  Yes, the finished model is just O.K., and is
very out-of-scale, but you can't beat the part selection, especially for use
on my Outrider project ;-).  I can't understand why this is the one SW set
that consistently remains on the shelf in large numbers.

I would imagine it's because the ship does not figure prominently in the movie.
We see it flying in to Tatooine, we see Darth Maul walk out of it, that's it.
I was pleased to observe the second time I saw the movie that there's a
full-sized door into the nose of the craft, which will help me in my building
of a to-scale version of the Infiltrator.  I don't think any other company
(other than perhaps the Micro-Machines) has an Infiltrator model, at least not
that I've seen.

Based on the incredible cross-sections book and some (potentially) faulty math
on my part, I figure a to-scale Sith Infiltrator should be ~80 studs long, with
the nose being ~53 studs long and 6 bricks high at the end.  I might fudge that
a bit for playablity (make it higher).