 Star Wars / 2665
  Re: I only have on thing to say...

(...) as how (...) Electroplating a part made of an "insulative" material?..I don't think so. It should be some kind of plain painting process, and this would be a better than enough explanation to their rapid chip off rate. Do you want clear (...) (25 years ago, 31-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: I only have on thing to say...

(...) Not at all. Electroplating plastic is a well-understood process pioneered during the 40s by (among others) Richard Feynman at the Metaplast Corp. His process went something like this (though I don't remember the specifics): Wash the platic in (...) (25 years ago, 31-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)