 Star Wars / 2540
RE: I only have on thing to say...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 26 May 1999 16:11:28 GMT

Of course you could just machine the bricks out of aluminum....
It would take awhile, but boy would they be durable...
Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com]On Behalf
Of Jonathan
Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 1999 7:17 PM
To: lugnet.starwars@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: I only have on thing to say...

   This leads me to an odd question:

  Is it possible to electroplate/"chromize" Lego bricks oneself?  Seeing • as how
TLG's chrome is merely a veneer, maybe an enamel, is it possible?

  LFB.

I don't mean to burst anyone's bubble, but I can't honestly see them making
many chrome legos. Certainly not to the degree  that would be necessary to
make
Adimala's ship. They wouldn't stand up to the wear & tear that Legos get put
through, seeing as how the chrome would only be a plating. The one piece
that
came with Sebulbas pod racer was chipped, just from being in a bag with
other
legos. Also, the plating could flake off, which wouldn't be good for younger
kids playing with the sets. It would go against TLG's strict policies.
I sure hope I'm wrong, because a chome model of Amidala's ship would be
awesome, but . . . well, I don't see it. Plus, like someone already said, if
they were going to on such a large scale as that ship, they would've done so
for the front of the Naboo fighter.
I do like the above idea, however. Also, if they released a ship made
entirely
out of the silver pieces that were in their anniversary buckets!
-Jonathan