 Star Wars / 2251
Re: Opening sequence of movie . . . .
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 15 May 1999 16:25:40 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Todd Lehman writes:

Judging by the soundtrack/musical score, I think it'll open just like the
other three:  rolling letters, then panning across stars to a ship or ships
above a planet, the -boom!- lotsa action.  :)

That's kind what I figured. Besides, I think Lucas would upset too many people,
breaking from tradition . . . .

Hey, that's a good one!  But people usually mean "Adult Fan/Fanatic of LEGO"
when they write it.  It's too bad that it looks so much like "AOL" (not that
there's anything wrong with AOL) and that the person who coined it also
noted that it looked like "A FOOL".  An alternative to AFOL is ALF (Adult
LEGO Fan/Fanatic) but that reminds people of a certain sit-com that didn't
sit well with many folks.

--Todd

Well, I wasn't too far off . . . . :)   I can also see the problems with the
alternative (ALF), but what was wrong with the show? I kinda liked it. I guess
the fact that I was around 10 at the time helped, but . . . . :)
-Jonathan